Exceptional Sales Performance
Monday Motivational Minute
What can you do when you 'hit the wall' and nothing seems to be Working?
August 27th 2012
By Gregory Ferrett
Welcome to Monday
Some Monday’s I wake up and no matter what I seem to do I just can’t get going. Other times I get to Thursday and my energy is just gone.
Powerhouse 1 – chemical energy
Powerhouse 2 – emotional energy
Powerhouse 3 – mental energy
- One five minute uncontrolled outburst of anger (negative emotional energy) can burn up the same amount as an eight hour day of physical energy.
- One 30 minute walk (chemical energy) can create the same amount of mental energy used in a full day of workshopping the sales plan for the next year
- Receiving a phone call (because you sent them a flower perhaps?) from someone you love (emotional energy) just before a physical challenge or tough mental assignment can recharge both of these energy sources.
Usually the answer is obvious.
- It could be I have not taken the time to build up my physical reserve
- It could be I have not been spending enough time with people I care about, or
- I have set my goals in a way I can’t achieve wins along the way.
Today’s question and action
- Get out of the 9 to 5 mentality and decide ‘now is the time’. Stopping a workshop at 10AM for a 30 minute walk is much smarter than wasting a day of planning.
- Know you body chemistry. Start the day with a good nutritious meal. Replenish your body chemistry regularly with a balanced diet so you can keep your physical energy at high levels.
- Build your emotional energy by spending time with people who appreciate you. Stop and ‘smell the roses’ and allow time to enjoy your life.
The more energy you have, the happier and more productive you will be.
Have a great week!
Permission is granted to reprint this article with the condition it is republished unedited and in full with full attribution to the author and the authors bio. Please provide a link to the reprint to the following email; email@example.com