Exceptional Sales Performance
Monday Motivational Minute
Can You or Can't You? The evidence is in and the choice is up to you.
|Usain Bolt (right) and Yohan Blake on Podium London 2012|
Is there a limit?
- I can’t bring myself to ask for the order
- I can’t see us doing the job in the timeframe
- My sales target is too high – it’s impossible
- The economy is bad
- There is not enough opportunity
Here are some alternatives to can’t;
- “What would happen if I were to ask for the order?”
- “What would we need to do to get this done in time?”
- “What could I do to make this sales target work for me?” Or “What sales target could I achieve?”
- “What could I do to help people take advantage of a poor economy?”
Henry Ford is quoted as saying “Whether you think you can or can’t – you are right.”
Today’s question & actionThis week I want you to do two things;
- when you are faced with a challenging situation, or you are just feeling down, consider the words you are using. Try inserting words like “Just suppose” and “what could I do” or “What would happen if”.
- look for a champion you can relate to. Someone who is already achieving, roughly, what you want to achieve. They do not have to be a global superstar, just someone you can aspire to be like and learn more about them.
Permission is granted to reprint this article with the condition it is republished unedited and in full with full attribution to the author and the authors bio. Please provide a link to the reprint to the following email; email@example.com